(This is an old post I’ve moved over from a blog I used to have. I wanted to get rid of the blog but save some of the posts. The original was posted on 26/10/2009.)
Well it seems as though the operation really hasn’t helped me that much. I can’t quite determine whether it’s a net gain, loss or just the same. What used to be an occasional but almost crippling pain has changed into an almost permanent, less intolerable ache. I barely have a day without the ache now but it is far, far less than it used to be. I just can’t decide which was better and I’m not really sure if I want to go through all the mess getting to the hospital, having appointments months in advance and going through an uninterested consultant again. Plus if I go for the next operation it’s a major one that involves bone cutting and sticking (sounds like primary school!).
I guess we’ll see how it is as the weather gets worse. Usually December through February are the worst months so I shall just see how it goes with that before making any decisions.